Parents are invited to share in activities with their child throughout the year. We provide a newsletter that lists each month’s activities and information. We ask that you address any concerns about your child or the environment with us. We want to have an open communication with our parents. Donations of supplies and time are always welcome and appreciated. Should there be any custody issues or concerns for your child’s welfare, please talk to management.
Drop Off and Pick Up:
An adult must accompany all students in and out of the facility. The adult is responsible for clocking the child in and out of the center. This insures the safety of our children.
We bus to and from the following schools:
- Alta View
If we do not take your child to school in the morning, we will not schedule them to be picked up unless a call is made to the center informing us to add them to the bus schedule or prior arrangements have been made. If we are not notified your child is not to be picked up, there will be a no show charge of $15.00 per incident.
Clothing, Necessities, and Miscellaneous:
- Parents are responsible to keep their children supplied with diapers and wipes. Teachers will let parents know when their supplies are getting low. If your child runs out, you will be contacted to bring more to the center. If it is necessary to use other diapers for your child, there will be a per diaper charge added to your account.
- Parents are to provide bottles for infants
- Children may bring a blanket, if they wish, for nap time
- Please provide your child with an extra change of clothing
- NO Toys, Gum, or Money is permitted to be brought from home
- If invitations are given out, please give them to the teacher to distribute appropriately
- No nut products or peanut butter is allowed in the center
- Please do not bring food from home – Our meals meet all nutrition requirements
- Please assist your child in washing their hands upon arrival at the center
Children’s Choice is not responsible for lost or stolen items
Illness and medication:
We do ask that all children and parents wash their hands upon arrival at the center.
If a child is sick and shows signs of a contagious illness he or she will not be admitted into the center. If a child becomes ill while currently at the center he or she will be isolated and parents will be notified to pick the child up. If a child has a communicable illness beyond the capabilities of our staff, the child will be excluded from the center.
No medication will be administered without a completed and signed medication release form. All medication must be in the original package and have the child’s full name written on the package. If medication can be administered at home instead of during the day, we ask that you please do that.
As licensed child-care providers, we are required to report suspected child abuse and or neglect to the proper authorities. Your children are our priority.
We are closed on the following holidays:
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- July 24th
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Eve
Our center has an emergency and disaster plan which includes procedures for reporting emergencies and evacuating the facility. This plan is at the center and immediately accessible to all staff, substitutes, volunteers, and parents. Evacuations plans are posted in prominent locations of each room or area of the center. Monthly fire drills and at least semi-annual disaster drills are carried out.